In the blink of an eye, you can slip, fall, and be seriously injured in the process – all as a result of a commercial property owner’s negligence. Slip and fall accidents are among the most common accidents out there, and they are also some of the most dangerous. If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in a slip and fall accident, don’t wait to reach out and consult with an experienced Atlanta slip and fall accident attorney.
Do I have a slip and fall accident claim?
While every slip and fall accident claim is unique, the following legal elements must be present in order to bring a successful claim:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care (the way managers and owners of stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and other businesses do).
- The responsible party failed to live up to this duty of care.
- The responsible party’s negligence caused the slip and fall accident that left you injured.
- You suffered legal damages as a result.
What are the most common causes of slip and fall claims?
While any tripping or slipping hazard can lead to a slip and fall accident claim, some of the most common causes include:
- Poorly maintained outdoor walkways
- A slow or inadequate response to inclement weather
- Inadequate lighting
- Naturally slippery floors, such as marble
- Flooring that is torn, uneven, bunched, ripped, or otherwise dangerously worn
- Poorly constructed, designed, or maintained stairways
Will I receive compensation for my losses?
In your slip and fall accident claim, you can seek compensation for your covered losses, including the following:
- Your medical expenses (current and ongoing)
- Your lost income, including any decrease in your ability to earn
- Your physical and psychic pain and suffering
In order to receive just compensation, you will need to address your complete losses in your slip and fall accident claim.
Do I need a slip and fall accident attorney?
While you are not required to hire a slip and fall accident attorney, doing so leaves you in the best position for skillfully pursuing the compensation to which you are entitled – and that you need to recover fully.
What if I can’t afford an attorney?
It’s only natural to be concerned about the cost of hiring an attorney when you’re facing the financial setbacks that you are, but most reputable slip and fall accident attorneys work on contingency. This means that their pay is contingent upon – or based upon – the compensation you receive. If your claim does not settle (or receive a court award), you won’t owe anything, and if it does, your attorney will receive a prearranged percentage of that amount.
Reach Out to an Experienced Atlanta Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, the seasoned Atlanta slip and fall accident attorneys at Slappey & Sadd are well positioned and well prepared to help. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 888.474.9616 today.